08 February 2011

too many, too much

1000 + 500 + 70 +6. One thousand, five hundred seventy six. My lunch weighed in at a super-size me scale of 1,576 calories. I didn't even bother looking up grams of fat, but I'm sure it wasn't pretty. Honestly, I brought myself plenty of snacks from home, but then Boss#1 sent me to the post office, which meant on the way back I'd be stopping off at Taco Bueno to pick up food for the office.

It's pretty standard operating procedure–errand near a fast food joint around lunch time (anywhere from 11am-1pm)=lunch stop for the office. I knew I didn't need anything from Taco Bueno. I knew it. But in the end, relying on the snacks I'd brought from home did me no good. I caved. Well, let's get real; it's not like I put up much of a fight. The black bean burrito just sounded so good. (It was, btw) And I honestly thought, "Black bean burrito...that can't be too bad for me. It's prob just rice and black beans. And that party burrito size. The Taco Bell bean burrito is only 350 calories...it should be ok." Ha!

I sat down at my desk and unwrapped the burrito only to sink my teeth into amazing black bean yumminess chock-full of cheesy, sour cream goodness. O.M.G. Immediately I tried to guess the calories. It had to be a lot. It was definitely more than the Taco Bell bean burrito. It was so creamy and delicious...it had to be bad. Four hundred ninety calories bad! Are you wondering where the other 1,086 calories came from? Mexi dips and chips. That's where it came from. Oh geez. Of course I knew I didn't need that! In my defense, I didn't even eat half of it. So really, I didn't actually consume 1,576 calories. Yet.

As long as I'm telling the truth, I may as well let you know...I usually take the entire afternoon to eat my lunch when we buy fast food. I feel much better about myself if I don't wolf it down. Usually I convince myself that taking four hours to eat spreads out my caloric intake, and really it's like eating lunch and then having an afternoon snack. You with me? That's how it works, right? Har har.


The un-eaten portion of my lunch continues to mock me from its resting place about eighteen inches from my computer. Stupid mocking mexi dips and chips. I will not eat the rest of you!! I will not!

Wanna bet the chips win this battle?



ps: I borrowed this image from Stacey Greenberg over here because she had a photo and I didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol chonchis!!!!!!!! lol jk that looks very bueno! :D im just saying! hows ur running and exercise going!? as for me its kinda funny how the body works....lol i stop working out n i lose wt....i workout i gain wt lol but its not muscle lol that i gain or lose...lol or so i think or maybe its just muscle disguised as fat lol yea rt lol ok lovely lady take care...luv ya muah!!!

-julio boolio! lol