17 February 2011

my rack is better than yours.

Not like that! Come on people, get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about my pot rack. My ever-so-simple, easy as pie, built with love pot rack. For anyone who doesn't know, I got one of these babies for Christmas from my Mommies.
Oh boy was I stoked! I went to sleep that night with visions of power tools dancing in my head. Since then I have scoured the Internet, magazines, and blogland searching for inspiration. Something to use my new fancy pants drill for. Then I found it. Right over here at Apartment Therapy. My wheels weren't just turning, they were spinning. At warp speed. It was the perfect solution to my too small galley kitchen that isn't set up for an overhead pot rack.

Boyfriend and I headed to Home Depot, spent about 20 minutes debating which wood to use, and loaded the cart with everything else we thought we'd need.

I sanded all the wood, stained each piece, and let them sit overnight. After hours and hours about 30 minutes of assembly we had this beaut on our hands.Yay! I just love her! She's perfect! Go us! Enough excitement for ya? Oh, you want one more exclamation? Woooopeee!! There. All Done.

p.s. This is what I looked like today. In case you were wondering.

No comments: