24 February 2011

Please forgive me.

I'm 10 days late. With these photos. And the little blurb that goes with them. Perhaps it’s because Boyfriend and I don’t celebrate V-Day in the Hallmark sense of the word. Perhaps it’s because I’m lazy. Or a procrastinator. Or both. Either way…Boyfriend and I don’t do much when it comes to acknowledging Valentine’s Day. (although, I gave him a major shout out over here) But we do love each other. And we love to cook. And we love to cook each other. I mean, together. So that’s what we did. And we did it right.

It all started with a trip to Central Market on February 13th. The air was still. A low fog hung over the city, and heat from the afternoon’s sun rested on my skin. Just kidding. I don’t remember what the weather was like. Though I seem to remember wearing shorts, so it must have been descent. Anywho, we were in the market for an artichoke (and whatever else struck our fancy). We found the Goliath of artichokes within seconds of walking in the door. From there items just seemed to jump in our basket. Apparently Mr. Artichoke was quite the popular fellow and the other groceries just couldn’t help themselves. They just had to be around him. A couple of isles over from where we fell in love with found Mr. Artichoke, we happened upon lobster tail on sale for $5.99 each. ($2 off!) They hurled themselves into our shopping cart and did cartwheels until we reached the checkout line. (They didn’t want to scare the cashier) After meeting the lobster tail, Boyfriend suggested a “surf and turf” dinner for Valentine’s. Buttery lobster goodness and steakgrilledbyboyfriend?! Sold!

I present to you Mr. Artichoke.

And lobster tail.
Yes. That is a box of potatoes. Don’t judge me.
And everything else we took photos of.
The end.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

your so artisitc with your photography! glad yall had a good time celebrating valentines the way you wanted to :)