19 September 2012

living room update

This post is primarily about the pictures (and proof that I have been working on the house). I've spent the last several months working on the place, but at a snail's pace. Some things here and there when the urge strikes. But I'm okay with that. Well, sort of. On one hand, not stressing myself out over it and switching from task to task as the mood hits keeps me happy about doing the work. On the other hand, I wish it were flippin done already! I just have to remind myself to take deep breaths. Enjoy the process. Crank some music up and paint, paint, paint. Or move some furniture around and watch my vision for a room come together. I do think the process of it is much more gratifying than getting someone else to do it. I like to look around the house and know that I gave those walls a face lift. We knocked those hideous beams down. We ripped up ALL the stinky carpet and druuuuuuug it outside. I like this process and it's okay that it's taking me a lot longer than I anticipated. But where am I going with this? I promised you pictures!

Boyfriend finally got the pool table he's been wanting, and I got the living room/dining area I've been wanting. If you'll remember, I showed you how desperate things looked right before we moved in (here). I also have the before, before photos of when my dad first moved into the house. (He lived here for a couple years before we did)











There are many things I am still hoping to accomplish soon:
  • Replace coffee table with two storage ottomans
  • Replace temporary art above table with a secret project
  • Fill the fireplace with candles (like the one here)
  • Get Boyfriend's desk organized (in two shots you can see it in the corner)
  • Do something about the curtains. I don't know what.
  • New chairs for the table
  • Paint the inside of the fireplace where it's all dingy?
That's enough of a list for now! Any suggestions for my evolving space? Please don't be to critical, I'm not sure I can take it yet. ;)

1 comment:

GerRee said...

If only you had the window... all your fantastic changes would supershine in the natural light.