19 September 2011

a sad state of affairs

I'm finally getting around to it, but I'm not particularly enjoying it or excited about it. I'm not really sure how I decided today was the day. My typically short drive home from work ended up being just long enough to for the idea to pop into my head and stay there. Drat. Drat, I tell you! I wanted to stay in denial. To ignore the blatantly obvious fact that we have more to do than we have time for. [If anyone so much as hints at an "I told you so" I will unfriend you on facebook and submit your email to receive an endless amount of e-newsletters.] A good percentage of my brain still believes we'll make the deadline, but the photos provide pretty hard evidence that all hope is lost. Period. And now I'm officially stalling. I'll continue to stall for a bit. Anyone want to hear about the strange dream I had last night where me and my friend Sarah (you're gonna love this, carebear) were trying to teach another girl how to use eyebrow powder and accidentally bleached my eyebrows instead? Ok, well that was kinda it. It was super hot guys.


Ok, fine. Here goes.


























Uh...........


































Ok, for real. Please try to hold the gasps to a minimum.













Excuse me while I bury my face in my hands and sob.


One month! That's all we have until we move in. As the title suggests, it's a sad state of affairs. We've been working hard! Really hard, guys...but, man! OknowthatIpostedthatpleasecomehelpme! We're thinking a painting party?! With beer. And pizza. Who's down?


Oh, and if anyone isn't feeling sorry for me yet, this should help. I still have to pack up our. entire. house. Sad face, people. Sad face. This place is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going. That and the cold beer I'm about to abandon you for.








PS: Any paint colors/ideas/words of encouragement happily accepted!


[interesting fact: I've now been staring at this post for 15 minutes trying to convince myself to hit "publish post". Okheregoes.]

2 comments:

Rach said...

Oh.my. BUT I don't think its as bad as you think. Its looks like you can do it! Just think about tackling the big stuff first, stuff you HAVE to get done before moving in! Clear out what you can and go go go. We can help when we get back!! Can't wait to see you! Free beer and margaritas on us, to make you forget about your deadline :)

Rach said...

P.S. I am actually diggin the Green bath tile...you could so make that cute with some browns and crisp white :)