12 June 2011

mid-year's resolutions





Numero Uno: Figure out a way to keep Lucy's hair under control. She's a massive shedder, that little baby of mine. It gets EVERY. WHERE. This is my plan: take two minutes to brush her everyday. That's less than 15 minutes a week. Certainly doable. Especially if you consider I hardly brush my own hair...that means I definitely have the time. Also, vacuum 2-3 times a week. Or perhaps, alternate rooms and vacuum every other day? Crap. I thought I had this plan nailed down. Vacuum frequently. There. That will be my plan. Brush and vacuum. (To ward off any obvious questions–I don't do this now because I'm lazy. K, thanks.)

Numero Dos: Paperwork overhaul. It's absolutely out of control. Ridonkulous, even. I need some better solutions. I may start by going paperless with bills. But I'm deathly afraid of missing one...decisions, decisions...either way, change is a comin'.

Numero Tres: Get rid of junk! I can't believe how much STUFF has accumulated in the last year at our house. Can I make a New Year's resolution in June? How about a mid-year's resolution? No more "I need to fill my house and make it look lived in resulting in piles of junk" purchases. That is to say, I need make only thoughtful purchases. [sidenote to self: Ha! Ha! Good luck.]

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

PS: My camera broke, so I may be relying on phone pics for a while. Prayers  welcomed for my little Sony pal. Thank you.

PPS: I made strawberry vinaigrette. It was delicious.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Mmm I absolutely love strawberries!
Thankyou so much for your lovely comments :) xoxo

Mary Lu said...

Seriously considered signing up to become a professional organizer this week...may be you can be my trail client:)