14 June 2011

happy birthday, daddio!

This is me and my daddy. (Please forgive the terrible quality–It's rather difficult to focus your camera phone when you can't see the screen and are just hoping to hit the right button)
 
He's my favorite dad. It's a coveted role, and he fills it really well.

On Sunday, we celebrated his birthday at our house with a small cookout. He made potato salad and I made cupcakes. Potato salad and cupcakes...yummmm...

 
 
 
 
 
 
His super cute girlfriend came with him, and they stayed at the house until it was time to leave for his birthday concert. We have a tradition of renting theater space and getting the entire family together to perform various musical acts for special birthdays. My sister even flew in from Colorado. Just kidding, there were no familial performing arts of any kind on Sunday. And we've never rented out space to be nutty, my aunt's living room is perfect for that. In reality, Daddy's girlfriend took him to a concert in Dallas. And there were no family members on stage. (As far as I know)

2 comments:

GerRee said...

Omigod. I got really excited there for a second about the family concert. Like, somehow, the fact that you blogged about it meant it actually happened. Can you blog about "that time" your sister got pregnant and then wrote a best-selling book and ran a really successful B&B and artists' retreat?

Rach said...

Potatoe salad and cupcakes is one of my fav combos ;)