18 June 2010

thinking on a bedroom

In the chaos of putting together our house–running around to flea markets & thrift stores, cleaning, reorganizing, moving furniture–our bedroom has been basically ignored. I did finally get in there two days ago and create the beginnings of decor, but alas, the sanctuary I seek remains elusive. I hold on to the hope of designing a space that will invite deep, restful sleep as well as boost romance. (What girl couldn't use a little romance?) Ok, so this is similar to the bed frame we have.


and the vanity.


and this is the new quilt I ordered. Ryon loves quilts, and I found this one we both liked.
Our walls are white, which I can do nothing about as we are in a rental. BUT!, I can use color, color, color everywhere else. Hopefully I can keep from going overboard!

After hours of searching for bedroom inspiration, I have compiled several photos to help me on my decorating path. I LOVE the drapes around the headboard in this one. Very romantic.


I have wanted a couple of these for a while. And NOW I have the perfect vanity to put them on. Old Home Supply carries these in the colored glass variety. Lovely!


We don't technically have a bookshelf in our bedroom, BUT if I were to put on in there, this is what I would want it to look like


O-so-darling!

Well, that's about it for now. Off to gather more ideas!

No comments: