24 June 2010

midsummer celebration done right.

I will have you know, I thoroughly enjoyed prepping for Midsummer right up until Ryon called to inform me we had a new party decoration in front of our house:


I was not what you would call excited. In fact, I was quite mortified. (An emotion I would later describe as an overreaction. Imagine that.) Once I got over the slight aversion to having a port-a-potty in my front yard, I resumed happily cleaning and decorating for Midsummer.

Saturday morning I went to the store shortly after waking up to complete last minute shopping. Well, not really last minute since I wasn't expecting anyone to show up till after five...but I think you get the point. After a short jaunt to Super Plaza and The Dollar Tree, I was back at the house chopping, dicing, slicing, frying, and storing for later. I finished prepping, decoration, cleaning and getting myself ready by about 5:30. Ryon and John hung white Christmas lights in the back creating a perfect little border around the patio.

Inside, I had a beverage table with ice tea, wine, cups and ice. A green tub with water bottles. Coolers and fridge space for beer. A 6-foot table in the living room adorned with a global hot dog menu, about 15 hot dog garnishes, several sauce options, chips and guacamole (provided by Melanie). Priest made two amazing chili-cheese-hot dog pizzas. And for dessert...I made banana pudding and Beverly made chocolate covered fruits (they were delish)! Everyone visited, ate and drank the night away. See below for proof =)





































No comments: