30 July 2011

two things you know nothing about & banana bread

I just made banana bread. On a Saturday morning. Before 8 o'clock.
I'd say I officially rock. Or rule. Or am a domestic princess turned queen. My crown's in the mail folks. I have to send a special shout-out to GerRee for the inspiration. That is to say, when she was up super early (before the sun, I think) a couple weeks ago she made banana bread before the hubbers even woke up, and it appears I'm on track to do the same today with Boyfriend. But had she not mentioned it to me, I'm certain the thought wouldn't have popped into my head this morning. At 6:30.  [sidenote: I've been steadily working on home improvement projects that I will breakdown for you later, but for now just know I have broken nearly every nail in that awkward imgonnaripyournailbelowthequick kinda way. And Left Hand Pointer Finger Nail, or LHPFN for short, keeps folding in half when I type. Ok, that was more like a side-story, but it's really buggin the shit outta me.] Boyfriend will be so excited when he wakes to the smell of fresh baked banana bread and macadamia nut coffee wafting through the house. In fact, he'll probably put a rush on that crown just to make sure it gets here super quick and people aren't under the assumption I'm still a lowly domestic princess. (For good measure I'll go ahead a fry some bacon too.)


It also comes to mind that had GerRee and I not taken our TV challenge [another topic I have yet to discuss-bad blogger!], I might have just sauntered into the living room, plopped on the sofa, and fallen under the spell of crap MTV before even coming out of my sleep fog. It also helps that I'm uber excited and motivated to work on the aforementioned, but not elaborate upon, house projects. So there. Two things you know nothing about are the reason I'm blathering on at 7:30 in the morning. Aren't you happy I decided to share this with you? I know I am. 


Update: I did in fact fry bacon. Boyfriend was pleasantly surprised by the banana bread. Ok, let's face it-he was shocked! Also, I fixed Boyfriend's necklace, which has been on the to-do list for months. And I repaired the dress form Mary got me, so I can shoot stock photos for mary&nell. Yipee!

3 comments:

Mary Lu said...

yeah dress form...i was wondering what that thing was called as i was maneuvering it around babies in my car.

GerRee said...

Yay, Rise & Shine Banana Bread!!

Amy said...

And seriously, lets not forget you helped a friend put together and photograph a pretty amazing 1st birthday party! To which you didnt bring any of said banana bread too...